21K Hosting takes the security of our servers and every account very seriously, therefore, we incorporate additional security features not typically offered by other website hosting companies.
- 100% PCI Compliant
In order to be Payment Card Industry compliant, our servers undergo vigorous testing to ensure the level of security meets or exceeds the standards required in order for credit card transactions to take place without incurring penalty fees. (We actually have to lower our defences to a degree, in order for PCI scanning to take place - otherwise the PCI scanner is blocked by our multi-layer security)
- Hardened Servers
Our Hardened Servers have been modified to make it much, much harder to attack (or 'hack' as it is commonly called). Rather than just make the servers secure and assume that they will stay that way (as surprisingly many web hosts do), our servers are updated daily with the very latest and secure operating systems, software and defensive systems.
- SPI Firewall & Live Security Scanning: Our integrated firewall and live defensive systems ensure that virtually any attempt to attack the server or your account is stopped as soon as it arrowts.
- Port Scanning Protection: Port scanning is a method used by hackers trying to find unprotected ports or 'holes' in a servers network or operating system. 21K Hosting uses live monitoring for this method of attack and ALL attempts are recognized with the attacker/hacker being completely blocked from accessing the server.
- Brute Force Attack Protection: A 'brute force attack' is a (usually) automated attempt to 'guess' account passwords. This method of attack is recognized immediately and the attacker/hacker is completely blocked from the server.
- Live Virus and Exploit Scanning: Rather than responding to uploaded virus or exploit files, our live virus and exploit scanners ensure every file being uploaded to the server is completely safe before the server or your account can be compromised. We also run virus and exploit scans of every account at least daily as an extra layer of protection.
- Mod Security Zero Day Attack Protection
Unlike intrusion detection and prevention systems, Mod Security is based on generic rules which focus on attack payload identification in order to provide protection from zero day and unknown vulnerabilities often found in web applications, which are in most cases custom coded.